One of the greatest technological trends of 2021 is surely artificial intelligence applied to machine learning. Speaking of smart home, here is what you need to know about security.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning have become an integral part of our day-to-day lives: intelligent algorithms that can learn automatically,interact with us through vocal assistants that can recognize our voice.
Artificial intelligence in our day-to-day lives
Since smartphones were invented, innovation has always gone hand in hand with the introduction of the smart concept in our everyday lives. Today, we see the diffusion of devices, such as virtual assistants,that memorize user habits and operate on smart appliances, by activating and controlling them.
However, the impact of artificial intelligence and machine learning is much broader. Here are the major fields of diffusion of artificial intelligence in our day-to-day lives:
- Navigation: the most modern apps, every time they receive an input, can learn from user habits. They assess road traffic and works to find the quickest route to your destination.
- Medicine: through chatbots – software that can dialogue in real time – it is possible to simulate the conversation between a real patient and a virtual doctor. Not to mention all AI applications in medicine via heartbeat tracking through smartwatches or IoT sensors that can track data 24/7.
- Banking operations: AI allows having information on your bank account in real time, memos on pending bills and on the wire transfers received; it also allows you to carry out operations only by using your voice.
How to improve your smart home security
Connecting the home system to your network paves the way to certain security risks. Smart homes use devices that can be controlled remotely.
How to improve your home security? The next step is to protect single devices; here are 3 tips:
- Purchase smart appliances only from reliable suppliers.
- Ready the privacy notice of the device and get informed on its protection level (what data can the device have access to and how will they be used by the manufacturer). Then, find out how often the firmware updates are released, to be protected against new threats.
- Check the app authorizations on the devices. Why should you choose the hOn app as the only digital environment to control, manage, use and exploit your smart appliances? Because hOn ensures a reliable IT security by following all current standards, and complying with the GDPR policy and complete user anonymization: this solution is applied to personal data so that any individual involved cannot be identified in any way.